VIRTUAL IPR ENCLAVE 2021
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION TO STOP COUNTERFEITING & PIRACY (NASCAP)
Is pleased to announce a 1- Day International Conclave on Ending the Covid-19 Pandemic: Are Trips IPR Waivers Essential and/or sufficient?
Many countries are currently facing challenges in ensuring access to effective medicines, vaccines, diagnostics and other essential medical tools. In October last year, India and South Africa had approached the World Trade Organization (WTO) seeking a waiver on intellectual property rights on Covid- related innovations to enhance access to tests, drugs, and vaccines. The proposal is related to the waiver of Sections 1,4,5 & 7 of Part II of the TRIPS Agreement. It aimed at promoting a rapid & affordable global vaccination drive against COVID-19. The proposal sought a waiver of four categories of IP rights – copyrights, industrial designs, patent and undisclosed information under TRIPS.
Join us on Thursday, 15th July for a webinar to discuss the waiver and its implication on Nations.
1. Are IPR Waivers a necessary and viable solution? (Drugs, vaccines, diagnostics and other technologies for the duration of the pandemic).
2. Which right to be waived? IPR and especially Patent Information
Search perspective on IPR waivers.
3. IPR owners perspective on IPR waivers; Know-How, Trade Secrets, GMP, etc.
4. Intergovernmental Organisations Perspective
5. Enforcement of IPR Waiver: Issues, Prospects and Challenges