The Cinematograph (Amendment) Act to curb Film Piracy: It's Impact, Implementation and Enforcement
Concept Note: Why is Event Needed?
Whereas the recent amendments in the Cinematography Act focus on combating film piracy, which causes significant losses to the film industry. It proposes strict penalties and provisions for digital piracy, illegal copying, and camcording. These measures aim to safeguard the intellectual property rights of filmmakers and provide a more robust legal framework to address copyright infringement. Some argue that stricter content regulation may impinge upon freedom of expression and creativity, potentially stifling artistic freedom. They express concerns over the potential misuse of the provisions to censor content that may otherwise have legitimate social or political commentary. The event gives opportunities to critically examine the recent amendments and express their views. NASCAP will thereafter write the White Paper to be provided to the Ministry of HRD, DPIIT and Law and Justice on the collective views provided by stakeholders
- DATE:-7th October 2023 (Saturday)
- VENUE- Workshop(Zoom/Meet)
- TIMINGS:- 10:00 AM Onwards
Introduction to Copyright Law: Understanding the fundamentals of copyright law, Key concepts and terminology
- Copyright in Cinematography: Exploring how copyright applies to films and cinematic works, Protecting your creative content.
- Fair Use and Copyright Exceptions: Analyzing fair use and other exceptions in the context of film, How to determine if your usage qualifies.
- Case Studies and Legal: Examining real-world copyright cases in the film industry, Legal experts share their insights
- Interactive Q&A Session: Bring your questions!
- Networking and Discussion: Connect with fellow participants and engage in discussions